Share | 

Idea For Next Season Possibly

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Idea For Next Season Possibly   Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:21 am

Do you guys want to have return yards count as points? Every 10 yards during a return counts as a point? If not that's fine, I just thought it would be a cool addition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.101gfx.com
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Idea For Next Season Possibly   Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:12 am

I am assuming you don't mean to award return points to the Defense right? That I would be totally against.

While it may be nice to gain those kick return points, it also may dampen the "defensive morals" of the league. By allowing 1 point for every 10 yards in kick returns, you are essentially "gifting" teams who are poor on defense, as they can easily gain 10 or 12 "free points" with a compilation of several mediocre kick returns if they are giving up several scores.

-If you mean individual players, I don't hate the idea, It would give more value to WR 3 & 4 and to some rooks.

1 point per 10 yds is too much though.
The standard most leagues give is 1 point per 25 yards.

2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: Idea For Next Season Possibly   Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:20 am

yea I meant for indiv. players. And 1 per 25 is better now that I really think about it haha, cause players who get 100 get an extra 10 points w/ my system. But yeah, I like 1 point for every 25 yards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.101gfx.com
Royalty
Football God
Football God

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Idea For Next Season Possibly   Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 am

People have been in my ear all year about this, and I guess I am leaning over to the dark side more and more with each point that people make.

That being said, the early changes that I am really thinking about making are:

- Taking away the -1 point for a sack of the QB
- Adding 1 point for every 25 or 50 yards for returns

-1 point for every carry a running back has ((Just KIDDING! I hate that rule!))

Touchdown, King
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lskc.synthasite.com

PostSubject: Re: Idea For Next Season Possibly   Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:21 pm

As a quarterback myself I would like to see, In a Perfect World although it would never happen, a point deduction for all dropped passes by wide receivers. I have watched many a heartbreak games when a player just......well didn't do their JOB, and missed easily caught passes!!! I myself would have at least 25 less points, but on the flip side you could make impossible catches/amazing catches/1-handed catches/top-ten play catches worth more than 1 point.

For instance, Brandon Marshall had two catches in a game earlier this season that were just unbelievable, out-of-reach, jaw-dropping, is he human?, should not have been caught passes in one game and both were on the top-ten plays that week. Yet they receive the same boring amount of points as shovel passes. On the other hand he did receive 21 passes in one game and scored me more points than a son-of-a-bitch.

More true to life speaking, I would say Ryan would have more points in fantasy flag football than Todd if we scored the current way. More yards after catch, more touchdowns. On the other hand, Todd hardly ever misses a ball and most of his catches start with him getting hit in the face first. Whereas Ryan, no offense, misses a lot of passes.

Specifically, in our first season....our Championship Season I might add, Jim Foreman was diving in the back left corner of the endzone just past his defender, I throw a rocket 25 yard pass straight into his baby-making breadbasket. It bounced right off his rippling pectoral muscles and fell incomplete. Now I understand these things happen, and I like now just to have a great memory. Yet, fantasy point speaking he should have lost at least 15 points for such a travesty. For the record though, I would rather play one season of Flag, than a hundred of Fantasy....you just don't get any sort of T-shirt in Fantasy and rightly so!
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Idea For Next Season Possibly   Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:26 pm

Yeah, I think that I would have more points in flag fantasy as well...Plus I am faster than Todd!!!

But seriously between Todd and I, it would be pretty even. If we are on 2 seperate teams, you might as well cancel us 2 off the teams, because we are so even. I love having us on the same team though, because that usually means domination.

Don't even get me started on if Brandon is on my team. We have not just a bond, but such one that if I just look at him he knows what I am thinking, and the result is most likely a big play or TD.

GOATS FOR LIFE MOTHERFUCKER!

It would be fun to have our stats kept track of. It is always a blast playing in flag football leagues, and now that we play on a regular basis it is basically like an impromptu league, and it is just as fun. My only hope is that people keep coming out even though it is cold.

That being said come out Saturday and play! We are playing at noon at Cathedral.

Touchdown, King
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea For Next Season Possibly   

Back to top Go down

Idea For Next Season Possibly
Page 1 of 1