GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?

Go down 
4 posters

what to do?
A. It is what it is. We play all season with no waiver.
Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  I_vote_lcap0%Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
B. I will return the picked up players to the waiver wire and return the dropped players back to their teams. Then we will go with the waiver order as intended.
Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  I_vote_lcap100%Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
C. Other?
Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  I_vote_lcap0%Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  Empty
PostSubject: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:33 am

Ryan set the league up for me as a big favor when we moved. Either way, the waiver/fa settings are not set correctly. It was on "No Waiver" . I didn't catch it. Temporarily I have corrected the setting but not before a few players were scarfed up. (i would have grabbed them too, so this isn't on you guys).

Any suggestions?

Please consider the league when deciding your position on this subject.

Sorry for the noob move on my part bros..

Hammer aka I am A. Foster Parent: AF - 42 pts.

These are the moves that would be affected:

Sep 12 7:24pm Nate Washington (Ten - WR) New player notes Add Free Agents The Lovemakers Todd W
Sep 12 7:24pm Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR) New player notes Drop The Lovemakers Waivers Todd W
Sep 12 6:08pm Michael Vick (Phi - QB) New player notes Add Free Agents I Quit Dick(s) Hoffeld
Sep 12 6:08pm Derek Anderson (Ari - QB) New player notes Drop I Quit Dick(s) Waivers Hoffeld
Sep 12 4:51pm Derek Anderson (Ari - QB) New player notes Add Free Agents I Quit Dick(s) Hoffeld
Sep 12 4:51pm Kyle Orton (Den - QB) New player notes Drop I Quit Dick(s) Waivers Hoffeld
Sep 12 4:25pm Kyle Orton (Den - QB) New player notes Add Free Agents I Quit Dick(s) Hoffeld
Sep 12 4:25pm Matthew Stafford (Det - QB) New player notes Drop I Quit Dick(s) Waivers Hoffeld [u]

Last edited by THÖR'S HAMMER on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://goat.darkbb.com
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 am

THÖR'S HAMMER™: go to the goat forums Important vote.

Hoffeld: I dont know how to navigate in that thing

Hoffeld: there is a million things flashing and i dont know what to click on

THÖR'S HAMMER™: lol seriously it is pretty straight foward.

Hoffeld: No waivers.

THÖR'S HAMMER™: no waivers suck

THÖR'S HAMMER™: why would you want no waiver order?

THÖR'S HAMMER™: no waiver = no skill. you just pick up people willy nilly. Waivers. It's just more of a challenge. no waiver, it isnt a risk, you can pick up and drop at will

Hoffeld: again waiver or no waiver i really dont care
Back to top Go down
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 am

Todd you are really the only other person this immediately effects. Comments?
Back to top Go down
The Lovemaker
All-Pro
All-Pro
The Lovemaker

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 am

well, i was actually looking at another league where i needed recievers, thinking, "hmm, i should put in a waiver for nate washington because VC has to throw to someone, and he could be his dude." well, i got onto that league's homepage only to realize that the people who were home, or around a computer all day had scooped up EVERY player that would be worth making a claim for.

so, i knew that i needed another wr in the lol as well, and was shocked when i got on and realized that people had already been picking up players. i went ahead and picked him up, since he was available, however, i would prefer to have him put back into the pool of free agents and have tp put in a waiver claim for him. i think that is the right way to do it.

most of us arent at home all day while the games are going on, and some of us are. thus, those of us who are home or who have computer access all day have an unfair advantage if we can pick up and drop players before someone else has a chance to.

with every player going to the waiver wire sunday morning, and all of them being returned to free agents tuesday night/wednesday morning, everyone has a chance to put in a claim for those players that they want.

i think that having waivers is the most fair way to do things.
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:19 am

Whoa whoa whoa man don't blame me! For players to be pit on waivers every week, you have to set "weekly waivers". I have them set up in my leagues, but you didn't have them set up in the original LOL league, so I didn't put them in the new one.

Go back and check them out... I put the settings the same as they were as much as I could.

Even with the goofy rule that you not only get return yards as a player, but your defense as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:23 am

That all being said I like the weekly waiver rule. It is the fairest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:30 am

Ryan.

i did go back and look at the old NFL.com site. I have waiver rule set correctly. That's why all the players are currently on waiver, not FA.

I wasn't blaming you as much as pointing out that is was a mistake cause we were rushed.
Back to top Go down
The Big Green Machine
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
The Big Green Machine

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:05 pm

quit it with the bs! just put in a fair waiver and lets go... this thing should have been set up already if you ask me. Its over with, no discussions needed. 100% put in fair waiver. and you can keep vick... i mean... thats hilarious pick up if you ask me. he'll prolly get in trouble any way.
Back to top Go down
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Big Green McBean.

Thanks for the input, but don't get your mangina in a bunch. If you read my post I already explained what happened.

Just growing pains of a first year league.

"no discussion needed" This isn't a dictatorship run league.. I will always run shitz past you guys.

I will reset the waiver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?    Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiver settings wrong. Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 1