GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Controversial Trade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chief Make 'em Queeph
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Chief Make 'em Queeph

Controversial Trade Empty
PostSubject: Controversial Trade   Controversial Trade EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 am

Since I had the final say in this trade, I figured I would at least give my side of the story, although it has already been speculated and commented upon without anyone but Ryan talking to me about it. That is very upsetting, and immature. Even for an electronically posted forum. No one but Ryan said anything to me about all of this. Once again like I am an idiot or an infant. Anyway, I am not going to go into that anymore, I want this to be an open discussion, because I realize to the common viewer and pertaining to this weeks performance, it looks completely lop-sided.

Trade.
Ryan proposed to give:

Pierre Thomas (O)
Michael Vick (O)
Devin Hester
Ladell Betts (playing in lieu of Thomas)

Ryan received:

Ray Rice (my 1st Rd pick)
Larry Fitzgerald (my 2nd Rd pick)

At first glance, especially to me, I said Go Fuck Yourself Ryan. Looking at what I was gonna get vs. what I was giving away, this really struck a nerve. I was almost insulted that he would even offer this, considering the weight that the two names carry. But I don't make decisions based on emotion, never have. So I looked at the numbers for all the players. At the time, Ray Rice was one of my least productive people period. Last week he scored 3 points. I had seen the Arizona game in which Derrick Anderson imploded and was destroyed and replaced. I personally don't have a lot of confidence in Max Hall, which is another gamble. I decided to get a couple of more valuable players, while the players I was trading still had a name sake. That is that you could hear the name and would have no question who they are and what they can do.

This was my choice for me, not for Ryan, not against Ben, not to ruffle Jordans feathers or confuse Mark the Magicman. I know there has already been a ton of heated discussion on the matter through the device known as Smack Talk. That is completely understandable and it makes this whole thing fun.

Btw, I of course look at this week and the production of the two players I traded combining with 47 points, and am upset, but I think its the way of the league and the way of life. It has happened to me countless times, where I trade or drop someone, and they end up blowing up for someone else, if even just in the first week of the trade. That is luck, or bad luck or Karma or Fung Shuei, or Ying Yang or whatever you want to call it. This was my decision, if you think something else or would like to comment at all, please do.

Chief
Back to top Go down
Chief Make 'em Queeph
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Chief Make 'em Queeph

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Trade   Controversial Trade EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 am

Also, this is just to Ben. I really don't appreciate the way you handled this entire situation and trade. You called Ryan and bitched him out for like an hour. All he did was propose a trade. If you want to call me anytime day or night, my # is area code 317, 201-4289. I don't have a wife. I don't have any kids. I had the ultimate say in this decision, and it might not work out for me like I hope it will, but I like to gamble sometimes and take chances. I might end up trading Vick right back to Ryan, believe me he needs a QB. I might drop my whole team and pick up only injured people and through the whole thing, and that would be my complete right.

We have all been friends for.....ever, and there is no reason to get pissed off, and lose control anymore. We are all adults, and I try to treat everyone with respect, even when I am talking shit about them or jabbing them because I don't like what they say, no one really takes it personally, or at least I sure hope they don't. If you took it personal, that is your problem and I am sorry it affected you in such a manner.

Honest to goodness, and I would never lie about fantasy events, I did not do this trade to help Ryan against you, or to help Ryan win another Championship or hear another Championship Rap next draft. I am trying to make my team the best it can be week to week. Obviously this week didn't help me too much trading 47 points for 9 or so, but we aren't done. We have plenty of time to trade plenty of players and risk plenty of points. Good Luck tonight!!

Chief
Back to top Go down
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Trade   Controversial Trade EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:30 am

well said chief pussy fart!
Back to top Go down
https://goat.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Trade   Controversial Trade Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversial Trade
Page 1 of 1