GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Try to pick the whole season before it starts!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

Try to pick the whole season before it starts! Empty
PostSubject: Try to pick the whole season before it starts!   Try to pick the whole season before it starts! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:27 am

This is a hard core league only for the realest...I joined it last year and got 3rd overall (out of 40). The jist is that you pick all the games before any of them start...Here is the letter from the commish..

Here are the ground rules that must be adhered to, or else you’ll be booted from the group:

Make every pick in the 17 NFL weeks. As you’re doing so, keep a tally of all team’s wins and losses. Once you’ve finished all 17 weeks, make a post that summarizes the final season standings for each division. Please also make full playoff match up predictions including who you think will be the 2010 Superbowl victor. This is half the fun of the group, as we get to size up and make comments on each other’s predictions.

If all of your picks are not made by the opening of the season, I will boot you from the group. Also, if you sign up and then have not had any activity (i.e.: it’s 9/1 and you still haven’t made any picks despite being signed up for a couple weeks), I may take this as you having lost interest (unless you make a post saying otherwise) and I will boot you to make spots for others.

Since I can’t lock the picks of members, we will all be on scouts honor to not change your picks. In reality you’re in competition with yourself to see how well you can predict the season, so by changing your picks after the season has started, you will only be cheating yourself. Sure there will be a big injury that could vastly change up a team’s chances, but NFL pre-season magazines are in the same boat and they post their predictions without a chance to call for a mulligan.

You may be surprised just how well your gut feeling can predict games, even 17 weeks in advance. In the first year of this group, I got about 67% right, finishing 2nd overall. I also predicted 10 of 12 playoff teams correctly. The more telling and surprising stat was that my season picks were 8 games better than what I predicted in my weekly picks. So much for NFL Live, etc helping me with my predictions, eh?! The winner of the group got an amazing 71% of the games correct. Other years I’ve finished ~30th and barely got 50% of my games right.

Another GREAT thing about this group is it turns into a great, mature football discussion board. Some years we’ve been well into 600 posts with all kinds of topics including greatest teams of all time, greatest of all time per position, and which CFB players were shaping up as the top draft picks, and simply weekly posts about how teams were doing and what was going to happen next in the crazy NFL. So if you like to talk football, this may be the group for you.

So anyway, you have NFL knowledge and interest, so put on your thinking caps and bring it on. All serious fans welcome. If you have friends that you think would be interested in being an active, honest member of a fun league, please forward them this invite or post this on your local fantasy message board.

You have been invited to join jhetfield80's Private Group in Yahoo! Sports Pro Football Pick'em.

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 13528
Password: season
Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com

Try to pick the whole season before it starts!
Page 1 of 1