GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds

Go down 
+4
The Lovemaker
Royalty
jvsage83
THÖR'S HAMMER
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 am

How could I forget probably the steal of the draft?

Brent Celek...

As of halfway through the Monday Night game of week 3, he is #16 in TOTAL points from ANYONE, and the tied with the # 1 tight end (with Dallas Clark). He has 57 points through week 3.

Oh, and did I mention I drafted him in the 13th round? After the first tight end was taken in round 5?

Good pick Ryan...Good Pick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 am

TJack36 wrote:
Johnny Knox and Mario Manningham are looking like some good steals for me.

Both of which were picked up after the season started, thus vetoing the title of this thread.....
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:53 am

jvsage83 wrote:
I can't remember who drafted him but from watching some of the 49ers games I think that vernon davis is going to have a big season....

Good post
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:55 am

jvsage83 wrote:
I think that MJD was over hyped in this draft.......with that said I don't feel he will live up to a top five pick..
The Lovemaker wrote:
i agree with sage on mojo being overhyped
scratch He pretty much plowed me by himself this past week

(that's what she said).
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 am

magicman2010 wrote:
im feeling desean jackson was a stud to reel in this year that was a good draft day pick.

You are the worst run-on-sentence writer in the world Mark!!!!! Whenever I read your shit I have to take a huge breath after I'm done, because I haven't had a chance to inhale because of all the punctuation not being there.

Didn't Mrs. Donges teach you better than that?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:11 pm

I just want to thank you ryan for Brandon Marshall, and Miles Austin this week. Especially "I would walk 500" Miles "went ahead and got another touchdown to win the game in overtime cause I'm such a badass today and I'm from" Austin, not sure if you even drafted him for me, but thanks. Smiley Face with tears running down rosy red smiling cheeks.

2ndly..... F Lindale White, F Brandon Jacobs, F Michael Vick (My sneaky pick), I hate to say it but F U 2 Edge! Sorry Edge I didn't mean it. He's long gone anyway. Seriously though F Lindale White's enormously slow, lazy fat tatted no carries for no yards for no points for no bragging rights for waste of space on my bench worthless ass.

Tony Romo is running about C- for me right now. Can't trade him, but definitely not gonna cheat off of his tests or join his study group..... at least not anymore.

Philadelphia. Your defense has always been there for me. Through thick and thin, up and down, through bullshit losses and come out of nowhere wins (i.e. hopefully right now).

I might have won for once, and it feels good. Not just the W, but how unexpected of a W this W was. It was more unexpected than W's 2nd term in office. More unexpected than my free nights stay at the W in downtown Chicago. And I have way more points than Todd W. does right now putting him at number XII for once. Fuck you Todd W, Fuck you George W. Fuck you Lendale W. And thanks to all of the Big Red's out there who believed in me when no one else did. Goodnight.

Brandon Marshall Jacobs Michael Brake
Back to top Go down
magicman2010
Rookie
Rookie
magicman2010

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:52 pm

well brandon if u dont think romo is up to par u can always trade for favre who has played great
Back to top Go down
The Lovemaker
All-Pro
All-Pro
The Lovemaker

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:58 am

housh is finally starting to come around, but mason, royal, and furry all getting big gooseggs was HORENDOUS!!!! jim, u said good pick on the robert royal pick, and benching scaife...............i thought so too, and.................oops.

LT, sproles, bennett, and olson ned to pick it up after their byes in week 5. well, i should bring olsen into that mix. he hasnt scored a shit ton, but he is usually good for double digit points so i cant complain.

and tonight.........he isnt on my team in the goat league, but in my ibew league, i am only 16 points down and have ronnie brown tonight. go ronnie go! the best part is, the guy who i am playing has one of the most solid teams in that league and also was the one who gave me the most shit, out loud, in front of everyone there about taking ronnie 14th overall and told me it was a stupid pick. blow a load in his face tonight ronnie!

continuing with the bitching tho............fuck eddie royal! 12 points in 4 games, so of course i bench his ass. what does he do when i bench him, scores 19 points. what a bitch.

and yes, i am sticking by my trade to sage for harrison and palmer, giving up brady. he had an okay fantasy game this week, but still looked rusty. they are going to the ground game more and more and even tho tom brady is the shit, he is doing shitty, and will continue to do shitty as his fantasy points drop as the season rolls on. harrison is a young player and even tho he was supposed to start for an injured jamal lewis, who had a very productive day, didnt start, thus not getting me the points i needed will be valuable down the stretch as the browns continue to hit the ground game more and more taking the opportunity to throw picks out of the QB's hands.
Back to top Go down
Excellence
2007 Champion
2007 Champion
Excellence

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Eli and the NYG Steve Smith have worked out well for me. Since i drafted Eli as a backup as well as Smith. They have turned out to be two of my highest scorers. Just goes to show how important the later rounds are.
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:40 am

He is on Jim's team in our league, but Todd drafter Ronnie Brown at #14 in his electrician league and got the 3rd degree about it. Everyone started laughing and talking so much shit, and it didn't stop on the way home.

Turns out that same player just helped him secure the victory over the main shit talker this week. Revenge is sweet. Check out this post I put in the forum of that league:

Hey it's my weekly Pro-Dolphins post...This one focuses on Ronnie Brown aka "The reach"

Those who were drafted before Brown:
1. Peyton Manning BEASTMASTER ...
2. Adrian Peterson The Shockers
3. Matt Forte The Madness
4. Michael Turner PrimeTime
5. Chris Johnson Saintsinner
6. Larry Fitzgerald Tighty Whitey
7. Steven Jackson This years c...
8. DeAngelo Williams Communist Ba...
9. Maurice Jones-Drew The KH Show
10. Randy Moss Haywood Jablomi
11. Brian Westbrook The Lovemakers
12. LaDainian Tomlinson PDewy03
13. Drew Brees PDewy03

Those with more points than Brown through 5 weeks:

Peyton Manning 129
Steve Smith 108
Ben Roethlisberger 107
Matt Schaub 106
Reggie Wayne 100
Adrian Peterson 98
Eli Manning 98
Joe Flacco 94
Ronnie Brown 93

So AP and Peyton (picks #1 and #2) are the only ones with more points than Ronnie Brown...A reach? I don't think so! Great pick Todd!

Ryan aka #1 Dolphin Fan
Back to top Go down
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:06 am

With Edelmans injury, Welkers lingering injuries, and the activation of this beast as their fourth WR and KR/PR, I think I just got a huge steal. This guy was a projected first round draft pick before his injury and before he was caught with Marijuana possession. But if you read his quotes, this dude is ready to play and I think Brady may have a new toy to play with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.101gfx.com
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:34 pm

TJack36 wrote:

wow nice stretch @ 0:39

@ 2:01 the play by play guy calls him Hakeem Nicks.

Nice catch @ 3:13

The kid is fast!

Nice potential find.
Back to top Go down
https://goat.darkbb.com
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:51 pm

THÖR'S HAMMER™ wrote:
TJack36 wrote:

The kid is fast!

Nice potential find.

potential is the key word haha, I'm hoping he can do what I think he can. BUT the reason he's starting now is because of injury reasons, not talent reasons. So if he's recovered from his injury like he said he has, I think he can move into the third WR role behind Moss and Welker soon. Just has to earn the trust of Brady.

After Week One -
Quote :

Tom Brady also looked Tate's way on a deep ball that ended up as a pick, but despite the modest numbers it looks like the rookie will be healthy enough to contribute and is one to watch in the coming weeks.

I just wished Sam Aiken didn't have that TD catch, cause now they have more faith in him.
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Rookie Shonn Greene exploded for 144 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries in the Jets' 38-0 stomping of the Raiders in Week 7.

Could be a beast for the Kings down the stretch since Leon is done for the year...
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:35 pm

I said it in another post, but Cherish getting Sidney Rice in the 17th round could easily be the steal of the draft...

Sidney Rice caught 11 passes for 136 yards in the Vikings' Week 7 loss to the Steelers.

Rice and Favre have obviously developed a great relationship on the field, as he looks to be Favre's go-to guy. Rice was targeted a team-high 14 times on Sunday while working on Ike Taylor and William Gay. This was his second straight 100-yard game. He and the Vikes go to Green Bay next week.
Back to top Go down
Delightful Afternoon
Rookie
Rookie
Delightful Afternoon

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:28 am

Heck yes he was! napoleon
Back to top Go down
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:51 am

TJack36 wrote:
THÖR'S HAMMER™ wrote:
TJack36 wrote:

The kid is fast!

Nice potential find.

potential is the key word haha, I'm hoping he can do what I think he can. BUT the reason he's starting now is because of injury reasons, not talent reasons. So if he's recovered from his injury like he said he has, I think he can move into the third WR role behind Moss and Welker soon. Just has to earn the trust of Brady.

After Week One -
Quote :

Tom Brady also looked Tate's way on a deep ball that ended up as a pick, but despite the modest numbers it looks like the rookie will be healthy enough to contribute and is one to watch in the coming weeks.

I just wished Sam Aiken didn't have that TD catch, cause now they have more faith in him.

Even more good news for Tate

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/10/29/back_on_field_tate_wants_to_tear_it_up/?page=1

Quote :
“We need depth at that position, and he’s going to be called upon as a contributor even though he’s a rookie,’’ quarterback Tom Brady said. “So he’s got to keep making improvements.’’
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:57 am

Are you going to start him this week?
Back to top Go down
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:57 am

I think you should start him. When I was bragging about Malcolm Kelly, I started him even though he was projected super low (for good reason). I started him twice if I remember right.. I figure put my money where my mouth is.
Back to top Go down
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:12 am

I started him the week before his bye week and I'm debating starting him this week also. IDK if I'll go with him or Floyd or someone else. Lots of choices when nobody has a bye week.
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:24 pm

TJack36 wrote:
I started him the week before his bye week and I'm debating starting him this week also. IDK if I'll go with him or Floyd or someone else. Lots of choices when nobody has a bye week.

I know it's real easy to say now, but I would have for sure went with Floyd. Now that he is starting, and not to mention that your opponent has the QB, he would have been my choice. It's easier for WRs to put up points than their QBs, so if I have a reciever from opposing team's QB, I almost always go with them if there is a choice to be made.

That being said I think you made the right choice with going with Moreno. I always like having players on Monday and Sunday nights.
Back to top Go down
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:33 am

Royalty wrote:
TJack36 wrote:

I know it's real easy to say now, but I would have for sure went with Floyd. Now that he is starting, and not to mention that your opponent has the QB, he would have been my choice. It's easier for WRs to put up points than their QBs, so if I have a reciever from opposing team's QB, I almost always go with them if there is a choice to be made.

That being said I think you made the right choice with going with Moreno. I always like having players on Monday and Sunday nights.

I actually almost started Moreno and Slaton > Tate, but for some reason I kept saying Tate was going to have a good game with Miami starting 2 rookie corners. He was thrown to in the game and he was open but Brady got hit while throwing and delivered a bad pass.
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:18 pm

TJack36 wrote:

With Edelmans injury, Welkers lingering injuries, and the activation of this beast as their fourth WR and KR/PR, I think I just got a huge steal. This guy was a projected first round draft pick before his injury and before he was caught with Marijuana possession. But if you read his quotes, this dude is ready to play and I think Brady may have a new toy to play with.
Tough break on Tate going on IR...Guess you'd have to wait until next year...
Back to top Go down
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:38 pm

looks like it. Everybody was raving about this dude and his talents - you guys probably thought I was crazy but I thought soon he would emerge as a decent fantasy option.
Back to top Go down
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Meachem?   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 pm

2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 Meachem

Meachem is legit and making a run at top sleeper stud pick of the year. I drafted him and talked him up big time in 2007 as a rookie knowing he would be special. Didn't happen but I knew it would. Ryan drafted him from me in 2008 a year to soon. I drafted him in the 17 round (next to last) 214th overall this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds   2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 Fantasy Draft: Studs & Duds
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next