GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quarterback position

Go down 
+2
Chief Make 'em Queeph
magicman2010
6 posters
AuthorMessage
magicman2010
Rookie
Rookie
magicman2010

Pisces Monkey

Quarterback position Empty
PostSubject: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:20 am

So Ive been thinking about this the last couple weeks... Well I know the format we have right now having a W/R and W/T slot but I just got done looking at the top fantasy point getters for the season and 9 out of the top 26 are qbs. Now lets put this into perspective there are 12 teams in our fantasy football league and 9 qbs are in the top 26? Whats the point of drafting a stud QB early in a draft if u can get one virtually any time. When a team drafts a backup QB they have trouble trading their backup after bye weeks or having to cut them allowing other teams to pick one up. With all that being said should we have for next season a utility spot maybe a WR/RB/TE/QB slot so they we can play two QB's if we wanted? In turn,making it more legit to carry two qbs and drafting qbs more important on draft day. There are 32 starting QB's in the nfl and if each team starts two qbs in a weeks time in that slot there would be 24 out of 32 qbs used at maximum used instead of only 12 qbs at max used each week. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Chief Make 'em Queeph
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Chief Make 'em Queeph

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Mathematical Mark. Very mathematical.
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:12 am

It's true, QBs do put up points in our league.

I am not competely opposed to having the "utility" slot, but have always thought that the position is too unrealistic for our league. That being said if everyone else wanted to do it I would be down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
Chief Make 'em Queeph
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Chief Make 'em Queeph

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:13 am

i am for it. i think maybe just replace a bench slot with this one.
Back to top Go down
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:15 am

im fine w/ it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.101gfx.com
magicman2010
Rookie
Rookie
magicman2010

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Yeah it only makes sense. I mean I have Palmer and Eli in the top 25 in fantasy points and its annoying I can't trade either of them for any value. I can't cut either of them because they are too good and would benefit others with QB woes. I think replacing the W/T slot with the utility slot would play to a nice benefit since TE's are so scarce in the league anyways.
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 am

What's crazy is that TE was what seemed like the deepest position heading into the draft! Ben even took advantage and nabbed the top 2! (Only to have both land on IR, but that's another story).

If more people are on board, then we can do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
The Lovemaker
All-Pro
All-Pro
The Lovemaker

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 am

i agree with brandon on 2 levels.

1, it should replace a bench spot and the w/t spot. i can see a w/r, and then the utility, but not the w/r, w/t, and the utility.

and 2, i also felt like that was very mathamatical mark, very.
Back to top Go down
magicman2010
Rookie
Rookie
magicman2010

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 pm

yeah the proposed new format would look as follows:

QB
WR1
WR2
WR3
RB1
RB2
TE
W/R
QB/W/R/TE
K
DEF

BN1
BN2
BN3
BN4
BN5
BN6

We will have 11 starting roster spots as before and 17 total spots just as before just replacing the W/T spot with QB/R/W/TE spot study
Back to top Go down
Excellence
2007 Champion
2007 Champion
Excellence

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm

Im with ry on the unrealistic part of starting two QB's. its not something that i would vote for but id roll with it if everyone else wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quarterback position   Quarterback position Empty

Back to top Go down

Quarterback position
Page 1 of 1