GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position?

Go down 
3 posters

Should No-Shows lose their draft position?
Yes
Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? I_vote_lcap80%Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
No (explain below)
Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? I_vote_lcap20%Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? Empty
PostSubject: Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position?   Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 am

On another topic, I am proposing that since this is a LIVE online draft, and it royally sucks and changes the whole season when you have no shows, - that those who don't attend the live online draft should not be rewarded with the top (computer/auto) picks by default.

I am suggesting that those who don't attend the LIVE draft, draft from the back . The only problem I see is it would change draft positions by moving those that do show, up the draft order at the last minute.

The best scenario is just that everyone shows up which makes this a moot point.

Any thoughts?

PS, I think we should consider this as a bylaw in our GOAT league Ryan.
Back to top Go down
https://goat.darkbb.com
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position?   Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:00 am

This is a touchy subject. Here are my points for each scenario:

if they do not show and you move them to the back then it is that vacant team that talkes up the valuable spot where you get 2 picks in a row, and moves everyone's position that they have been studying for all offseason.

If they don't show and you leave them there you put someone on their team that someone else couldve wanted.

It's a lose lose situation, that should be solved by having the bum no show take the scraps that were not drafted by the other responsible people that showed up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
The Big Green Machine
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
The Big Green Machine

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position?   Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:26 am

I had to go ahead and say no to this. It gets a little dicey on the reasoning, but here goes... and let me make sure I totally understand this.

So lets say the 8th overall pick doesnt show....just for example. So they will be moved down to the 12th overall pick ....
or are they going to get the 12th overall pick & the 13th overall pick....
or are they going to get the 12th overall pick & the 24th overall pick???????/

this is kind of something that i guess will have to be explained bc i guess i've never had no shows @ drafts.... by that i mean every league i've been in... usually people are hype enough for the season of fan-tie... & everyone just drafts... usually a live-in-person draft where we go up and put our selections up on the board. I hope everyone just shows up for the online draft... i mean really, lets make sure everyone is there, and i know this is kind of a hard thing to control since its online and all. This is the L.O.L. If you dont want to be a legend... get the Fack outta here! If an explanation makes anymore sense, then i'd like to claim my right to a revote if i need to. any hoo Just my 2 cents.

i think if they dont show up... I think the fairest thing to do is draft them 2 kickers w/ their 1st 2 picks if at all possible. A starting kicker, and a backup. HAHA that'd be fine with me! maybe take a vote on it???? could we even do that????

TBGM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position?   Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position? Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft No-Shows Lose Draft position?
Page 1 of 1