GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Draft Grades

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
magicman2010
Rookie
Rookie
magicman2010

Pisces Monkey

Draft Grades Empty
PostSubject: Draft Grades   Draft Grades EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:32 am

I put together a write up of how the draft went down IMO. But here it is and lemme know your thoughts on the subject !

Royalty
• A nice solid draft for you Ryan as the Steve Smith’s, Megatron, and Mike Wallace are a studly crew.
• As well as a nice pick in Celek and Kolb as those two will hook up like crazy.
• Another nice way of drafting is grabbing all of your handcuffs in Reggie Bush and Rashad Jennings.
• The only bad thing I can say about your team is to work on depth outside of your starting crew particularly in WR’s.
Draft Grade: A

Chiefmakemquief
• I do not like the Fitz pick but really had no choice since he fell so far in the second round. Just some question marks as
Derek Anderson is QB now.
• Knowshon is another question mark since he is injury prone.
• I do not like Philip Rivers whatsoever this year since he does not have his main man that made him successful.
• Santana Moss is another guy I tend to stay away from as he is inconsistent in the past but maybe this year with McNabb he
finds consistency.
• Meachum is in a vulture receiving corps as Brees loves to spread the love around.
• Great picks with Manningham and Naanee as they will have to step up this year and make some big plays.
Draft Grade: C+

She-Hulk
• Took way too many Cowboys players and will be lucky that Dallas as a team goes off all in one week to cover all her
Cowboys players.
• Tough break with Sidney and Hardesty but overall a great receiving corps in Aromashadu, Austin, and Garcon.
• Aromashadu was a steal in the 8th round as well as Kenny Britt in the 11th round big things will come from them.
• You are very weak at RB with Jones, Harrison, and Sproles but look to beef up the RB’s and you should have a solid team
with potential.

Draft Grade: B

Excellence
• Ben I still hate how you got a steal in Roddy White because I was all over him.
• I do believe you reached for Clark but he would not have been there the next time around same with the case of Finley but both
should have great years.
• That Knox pick is great pick as he and the rest of his should blossom in the Martz system.
• I also hate the fact I forgot about my handcuff and you stole him.
• I definitely like that Jacoby pick in the 12th round I think right there will be one of the biggest steals in the draft.
• Nice Ricky, Ronnie combo but what are the odds of them both going crazy in the same week so big downfall there.
Draft Grade: B+

Big Red Machine
• Great first two picks with Rodgers and DeSean but after that what the heck happened? You take a VJax who is lucky to play
this season in the 3rd round? But you did not take a RB until Addai and Forte?
• Then, you have nothing after that in terms of depth at RB.
• Then you have Lee Evans who has nobody to throw him the ball, Murphy who might emerge as your WR3, and then Anthony
Gonzalez who is a 4th receiver on the Colts depth chart maybe even 5th if you include Dallas Clark.
• This is going to be a rough year for you my friend.
Draft Grade: D+

Thunderstruckk
• Overall pretty good draft but question marks remain if Turner can play the whole year.
• You took safe picks in Reggie Wayne, Derrick Mason, and Benson.
• I really do like that 12th round Thomas Jones pick and the emergence of Jeremy Maclin this year.
• Heath Miller is a great TE as he will always be targeted and perfect for this format.
• Overall, should have a productive year if your men can stay health just work on WR depth.

TJack36
• I love that Andre pick and reached a little on Wesless Welker but he will pay off for you.
• You got off to a late start on RB’s but recovered well with a great sleeper pick of Arian Foster and the always consistent
Ryan Grant.
• The whole Beanie Wells thing is a definitely what I call a sticky situation as he will be a sit and wait approach.
• After Beanie Wells your RB depth is non-existent but WR-wise well done with getting Henderson and reaching a little for Mike
Williams but he will nothing of good value before the end of the season.
• Overall, I see some real potential in your squad but work on building a good solid bench.

Nutcrackers
• You really took me by surprise and kept making picks at the right time because I kept finding myself say damn good pick
when you went up to the board.
• I felt that you reached a bit with Deangelo because I think Stewart will see more of a role as his dominance was shown in the
last part of the season when he went down.
• Mendenhall is a solid pick as the Steelers are pretty run-heavy.
• I do like the RB depth with Jacobs and Portis but the WR depth begins to wane after your clear top 3 wideouts.
• Overall, good team just again work on some depth.

Dark Knights
• Steven Jackson and Drew Brees are definitely a great way to start off your draft but then I felt you reached on Hines Wards
being your #1 wideout.
• Vernon is a stud so you are set there and I really like that Jahvid Best pick as he will put up big numbers in his rookie year.
• I felt Westbrook was a reach because he will not see as much action as everybody makes Westbrook to have.
• I really do like that Shipley pick I really hope he puts up big numbers for Cincy this year.
• Overall, just a weak bench just work on the depth through waiver wire and you should have some flipside because the team
needs work w Cribbs and Owens as your #2 and #3 wideouts.
Draft Grade: C

The Lovemakers
• I really like your Frank Gore pick as I was surprised he fell to number 8 ???
• I also like the Brandon Marshall pick as he will be a huge playmaker.
• I am having my doubts in Donald Driver as he is getting old at 36 and Percy will be a question mark due to Favre losing
Sidney. Harvin also bugged by migraines and will see double coverage.
• Flacco looks good as he has so many toys to play with in Housh, Boldin, Mason, and Heap.
• The Caddy pick is solid gold because he put up good number last year but question is can he stay healthy?
• The bench for you is real weak after your top 3 wideouts since Massaquoi will get some receptions and Roy Williams is
hit or miss.
• The only thing that concerns me is you only drafted 3 RB’s for your team work on getting some RB’s.

Draft Grade: B-

Thor’s Hammer
• You surprised the hell out of me with the Randy Moss pick at 7 because I thought Frank Gore was a better option.
With all the turmoil in Randy not being “wanted” will either make or break him.
• Ryan Matthews is a solid pick as he will be the feature back in SD and Charles is always so entertaining to watch with
the blazing speed.
• I felt like you reached for Malcom Floyd in round 5 because I think everybody was still looking at the stars of 2009 but overall
great pick.
• CJ Spiller will be the steal of this draft !!! The man is starting and he looks great !
• Favre will be okay but will not have the year he had like last year as Sidney will be down for a while and Favre has to rely more
on AP.
• Forsett was a steal for you since he is currently starting for Seattle since Washington is doing kick returns.
• Another great pick in Gaffney as he is the number one wideout for right now in Denver with Demaryius Thomas hampered with
his leg injury.
• Overall I see this team making the playoffs and going far barring injuries. You have great depth at RB but continue to work on
the WR depth.

The Magician
• I felt that CJ was an automatic pick on draft day and hopefully Shonn Greene will continue to break out this year.
• I felt like I took Colston a little early but he is worth the grab since Roddy was taken before me.
• I like my WR depth with 4 good wideouts and the potentials in Amendola, and the Thomas’s.
• I like my RB depth as Hightower and Bradshaw are now starters.
• Carson Palmer is a question mark but there are too many weapons around him for him to not do anything.
Draft Grade: A-
Back to top Go down
Chief Make 'em Queeph
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Chief Make 'em Queeph

Draft Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Grades   Draft Grades EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:04 am

C+? 1. Blow Me

2. Bring it!!

3. Let's have a critique of all of the team draft we have had preseason in the postseason. It's not hard to say anything about anyone's picks that you feel, but all it is is a feeling. A sensation. A quiver deep inside that you should have let rest in the shower, but just had to extend it to the computer room.

4. No more trades for you!

Sincerely,

Chief

Back to top Go down
THΦR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THΦR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

Draft Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Grades   Draft Grades EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Nicely done and thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://goat.darkbb.com
magicman2010
Rookie
Rookie
magicman2010

Pisces Monkey

Draft Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Grades   Draft Grades EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Well Brandon don't take it personally. I mean as the season unfolds there are so many twists and turns and so many injuries and waiver wire gems that most teams do not wind up with the same players they drafted. For example, TJack36 last year only had 3 players remaining from his orginal drafted team, which was Vernon Davis, Matt Schaub, and Kaeding. He wound up 3rd in the league as well with the injured riddled year, waiver wire gems, and trading. Trading is all part of the game you buy low and sell high on players that are doing well so not trading to some teams will only hurt you in the end..
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

Draft Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Grades   Draft Grades EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Great stuff Mark! Thanks for doing it. You were honest and definetely showing your knowledge.

Would I have liked it as much if I had a lower grade? Maybe not!

Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
Chief Make 'em Queeph
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Chief Make 'em Queeph

Draft Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Grades   Draft Grades EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:02 am

Let me rephrase. Thanks for taking the painstaking amount of time it takes to write this entire novel of speculation. ALL IT IS is speculation. I get very tired of speculation, it takes most or all of the fun out of it for me for you to go through and nit pick what you think about what player for which team. Especially considering that you simply "don't like" some of my picks. For no legitimate reason. The blow me part of my post were for fun of course, sorry I forgot you are way younger than me and don't take jokes. Thank you for telling me what you think of my team. I look forward to when we face each other, and the novel I will write about how bad I destroyed your team and what I think of what you thought of my team before and after its destruction. I would rather let the players play, and our fantasy teams speak for themselves. I do not appreciate the long and intricate way you insulted my team using your opinions of them and still giving me a higher grade than you wanted to patronize me. I don't know what would be more personal. Am I way out of line here? Someone help me out. All replies welcome.

See you at B-Dub's!!!!!

Chief

p.s. I am not talking as Brandon on the forum. Brandon could care less what you write about a fantastical group of over-payed athletes. Seriously no props for Ray Rice at all?
Back to top Go down
magicman2010
Rookie
Rookie
magicman2010

Pisces Monkey

Draft Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Grades   Draft Grades EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:07 am

I was a little hesitant at first of doing this draft write up but Ryan asked me to do it so I did. I didn't want to offend anybody with this but I mean it just makes things more interesting. This is all speculation and will be fun to see at the end of the year how surprising players turn out. When I simply say "I don't like" a particular player its because I think about what is around them on their team and what they have done for me in the past. Another thing is I look at consistency and how consistent has this player been in his past? Then, I think about what kind of hype has been around this player and whether he is injury prone or not. You are right in saying let the players doing the talking on our teams because there are so many twists and turns in football and that is why everybody in this league loves the sport. This is where speculation comes into play because how players do change throughout a season like Slaton being a first round pick just last season. When you make predictions you can look back at how wrong someone was and you can laugh. That is the point of this forum is to joke around. hah.

Yeah Ray ray was a great pick at 4 because when Jordan did have the 2nd pick before he traded and got the 6th he was debating on whether to use the second pick for Ray Rice.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Draft Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Grades   Draft Grades Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Grades
Page 1 of 1