GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
GOAT DYNASTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

League of Legends 2.0 draft grades

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  Empty
PostSubject: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Alright, the Big Green Machine did it the first time, and it was great. But that immunes him for the 2nd write-up, so here it goes.

All opinions are those of Ryan Davis, and to be taken how you would like. You all love your teams I am sure, but here is what I have to say about them:

Ruthlessbangers
It is always good to get your draft picks signed before the draft, and it was announced that the Ruthlessbangers and Chris Johnson had signed 20 minutes before the draft took place. Good pick. Fantasy Football doesn't like holdouts either right?
You must like Jamaal Charles more than I do, because outside of CJ2K your running backs are a little suspect. Love both Steve Smiths, but you could have waited on the old one. I felt that was a reach, even though Yahoo had him ranked pretty high. Mike Sims-Walker is a great player, but Jacksonville worries me. I love the Keller pick in the 12th round, and I think you will end up starting 2 tight ends most the year. Surprised you didn't take a back-up kicker to go along with your back-up defense. Clinton Portis should produce in a Shanahan offense, but he is just too brittle now. I am rooting for him though.
Grade: C

I Quit Dicks
Big shock going with Rice instead of AP. PPR must have swayed you. Good pick, but I think his receptions go down a bit with the recievers. He is a screen beast though. I like your wide recievers with Jennings, Ward, and Floyd. All are "number 1's", but I think 2 of them get outproduced by someone else recieving on their team. My guesses would be Finley and Gates outdo Jennings and Floyd. Good solid WR group though. I like Ward a lot even with the QB situation because he is a do everything guy. Peyton is a great pick because he is the most consistent thing in football and fantasy. Brent Celek will in my opinion be in the top 4 of tight ends this year, so great value in the 7th. Obviously the Hardesty pick was bad, but it was the autopick. Hate the Moss pick but love the Aroma. I actually think that Fred Davis and Chris Cooley will have good years, but not great. Mason is PPR gold usually, but the signing of Housh will most likely cut into his cheddar.
Grade: B

TheBigGreenMachine
#3 in the draft is a good spot, but even better when who in my opinion should be the #1 pick slides to you. AP is an excellent pick at #3. You waited a bit, but followed that up with Drew Brees and Colston. Great connection there, as I always like to have a good QB to WR or TE hookup. Double points is a great thing! Do I think there were better hookups than those 2? Yes I do, but it is still a good one and you got an elite QB out of it so you did good. Like the rest of your WR group, and when Ben returns to Pittsburgh Mike Wallace will double his production. As a Dolphin fan, I know more about Ronnie Brown than most. In my opinion he is one of the greatest running backs in the league......when healthy. That is the only bad part about him. I think your pick that was close to your ROnnie pick should have been used on Ricky Williams instead of Bradshaw. Both those players will have about the same production at the end of the year, and one is WAY more important to you. Dropped the ball on that one. Where you missed out on that handcuff you got the 2nd half of a "must have" when you picked LT. Hate Thomas Jones, but love the Green Bay defense.

Corn on the Kolb

For someone who asked "Why are people taking tight ends so f*ckin early?", he took one that same round, with Witten. I like the pick, as the Cowgirls have said that they are going to make him a priority in the red zone, something they have not done in the past. Best was a little early, but not for a Keeper league, so good pick there. Your weak part of your team has got to be your wide recievers. Bowe, Maclin, and Kenny Britt are not good starting recivers. You make up for it with your tight ends, and if they play Owen Daniels a lot you will be starting those 2 over your WRs I am sure. I love the Davone Bess pick, but he has always been a better real life reciever than fantasy. I like both Darrens, if Mcfadden can prove to Al Davis that he is worth the pick. The good news is that you aren't going to be counting on him, but while Bush is out he better do something. Coudln't resist Benn in the 14th round, and that is okay. The late rounds are when you take chances.

Grundles

Mr. Mojo Risin.....Mr. Mojo Risin....Got to keep on risin!
Ok, sorry but I am a huge Doors fan, and a big Mojo fan. Good pick, and don't be worried about the knee. He has never missed a game due to injury, and I don't see him doing it this year. Romo in the 4th is good value, if he stays upright long enough to pass. People (including me) have been hating on Percy Harvin, but outside AP and by default Favre, he is going to be touching the ball more than anybody else on that team. He just got kick returns and maybe even punt returns and with the league giving return yards, he should turn into one of your best contributers. I actually do not mind Addai, but I would have definetely grabben Donald Brown to go with him. (WAnna trade?) Zach Miller is on a lot of people's sleeper lists for a reason, as well as Mike Williams. To draft him in a league with a current Bucs fan (why?), and a former Bucs fan that still knows the team is theft. Cribbs is a great pick, but I hate Ryan Matthews before Andre Johnson. It is a keeper league so it is not that bad, and when you got a hard on for someone you gotta go with it, but AJ would have been my pick if I were in your shoes.
Grade: B+

I'd Rather Be Peepin

I thought I was the only one that went 3 WR's in a row, but here you are. So naturally your wide recievers are the best part of your team. Phillip Rivers was a good QB pick, especially given his track record in December. He is after all, one of your THREE quarterbacks. A little overkill I think, especially since Rivers' bye week isn't until later on in the season. You must think that Ravens still have a good D, but I do not. They are getting old, and will be without Reed for a little bit. Your running backs are good, but outside Ryan "I don't really get going until late in the season" Grant and Jerome "I am talented but on the Browns" Harrison, they are all time shares. You did get your Green Bay handcuff which I like, and you have the trade bait with Jim's Deangelo Williams. Not a big fan of Heath Miller but I do like the rookie's upside in Ciincinatti. Your TE's are weak still.

HaVoK

LOVE the Frank Gore pick, as I think he is going to have a monster year with the improved o-line and Mike's style. That being said I wish I could say the same about the Steven Jackson pick. Like ROnnie Brown, he is one of the best on the field....when healthy. The added pressure of being the only offense is even more for him to over come. Hopefully Bradford can become a good QB and take the pressure off of him. Keeping with your 2 tight end strategy is smart, and you got the veteran sure things. Crabtree has a ton of potential this year, as does Leon Washington as a late rounder. Between them I was not crazy about some of your picks. Knowshon was good, but it is SO hard to trust any Denver running back. TO has a lot of flash, and I hope he puts the effort he does into his extra-curricular activities on the field. Knox is solid, and Holmes will be effective when he comes back. I love your running backs and tight ends, but not crazy about your wide recievers and QB. Like the 17th round value in Anthony Gonzalez as well. If he can break into the starting lineup he can be very useful. The good news is that Peyton does not discriminate.

The Lovemakers

2 Falcons to start things off. I guess you are looking for a bounce back year from Turner as well. Matt Ryan as your bench QB is good too because a lot of people have him as a starter. Love Dallas Clark, and I don't think it was too early. Shonn Greene is going to be a beast, but like I said earlier you HAD to take LT, and you didn't I guess the computer didn't. Oh well, I would try to make a move for him. I am warming up to Flacco a lot. You will have to wait on Rice, but that should be fine with you. I like Meachem's upside, but there are a lot of mouths to feed down in NO. Hate Steve Slaton but I like Fasono. He will surprise a lot of people this year.

THOR"S HAMMER

You had some shocking picks to me. You think you know someone but then you watch him draft. Randy Moss was a shock when you took him in the GD draft, and it still was a little bit here. Love the PT Cruiser pick as I think he is going to blow up this year. However, I would have drafted Reggie to go with him (like I did in the GD5 draft). The biggest surprise was you going QB in ROUND 3!!! Never has that happened! I woudn't have been surprised if Brady would've fallen to you and you take him, but not Schaub. Don't get me wrong, it's a great pick, but I never saw that coming! You got Beanie and Weenie running it in Arizona and the other Pierre. I like 2 out of 3 of those picks. I really like the Minnesota touchdown vulture they call a tight end and I love the Jocoby Jones pick. Kevin Walter so late was decent as well. Carlson has great upside to, I should've drafted him! Smile
Grade: B+

Royalty

The perfect draft!

Just kidding. I do love my 3 rounds in a row of wide recievers, but hate my running backs. They are good back-ups, but the fact that they have to be starters worries me a bit. I think Forte bounces back in a huge way under Mike Martz, and if not I am stuck with egg on my face 2 years in a row. CJ has tons of talent, but he does play on the Bills. His week 1 welcome party where he is all alone at the top of the depth chart isn't very comfy going against a stout Miami run defense. Oh well, I still have Ricky "still got it" WIlliams and Reggie "shut the haters up, because I am still a good PPR starter"Bush. Julian Edelman was a Welker handcuff just in case the knee doesn't hold up, and McCluster is hopefully that late round steal. I HATE Braylon Edwards, even with that awesome beard.
Grade: A+

Did you expect anything else?

Last edited by Royalty on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lskc.synthasite.com
TJack36
2008 Champion
2008 Champion

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am

good analysis, definitely good analysis of my team. I realized that I hadn't taken any WR's for a while and I'm not overly thrilled about what I have now. But hopefull they prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.101gfx.com
Ruthlessbangers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:31 am

I love this shit. Thanks for taking the time to do this!!
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:40 am

jpaul wrote:
I love this shit. Thanks for taking the time to do this!!
No problem...Now if I could just figure out which team is yours...

Could you by chance edit your name so it is related to your team? Thanks brother!
Back to top Go down
The Big Green Machine
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
The Big Green Machine

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:30 am

The report was very good, you get an A+ on your grading scales. I know I should have probably taken Run Ricky Run instead of Bradshaw, but Bradshaw was a beast in the east last season... especially when my team played against him. He has talent, and if the BIG MAN infront of him goes down, I could see him doing some BIG damage to the oppostion this season.

Waiting on Thursday,
TBGM
Back to top Go down
THÖR'S HAMMER
Football God
Football God
THÖR'S HAMMER

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Love the write-ups!~ Well written and unbiased.

I was trying to mix it up this draft. I like that I shocked you a bit.

TD! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://goat.darkbb.com
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:41 pm

To the Green Machine....

There is no big man in front of him, the big man is behind him. Bradshaw is the starter, the only thing you need to worry about is 1st and goal situations.
Back to top Go down
Royalty
Football God
Football God
Royalty

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:42 pm

I just realized that ryan is still signed in on this computer he drafted on and i (ben) just posted the comment on to the green machine.... what shall i do in ryans name......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 2.0 draft grades    League of Legends 2.0 draft grades  Empty

Back to top Go down

League of Legends 2.0 draft grades
Page 1 of 1